Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:00 PM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
This individual will be responsible for the management and execution of Agency Meetings Content and Sales Support events and high profile internal meetings content for the Insurance and Agency Group. This person will predominantly partner with the Agency Senior Leadership Team, Agency business units and the Corporate Events team to assist with the planning and delivery of meeting content activities: from concept and planning through to delivery and evaluation. As a senior member on the Meetings Content and Sales Support Team he/she will be responsible for all budgeting, logistics, communications, agendas, on:site management, follow:up, and measurement of meetings. In addition to the meetings content responsibilities, this role will also require team and resource management and allocation of workloads and projects for the team. The position will also require creative promotions to help promote the rich tradition of Council which traces its roots back to the 1890s with the Field.
* Understand business objectives and develop a meeting strategy that supports the Agency business model.
* Play a leading role in continuous development of best practices and efficiencies.
* Ensuring the delivery of the Agency NYL meeting standards at every event.
* Project planning and management.
* Working with multiple business units across Agency and the company to ensure the success of the content and messaging at Council, Partners and various Insurance and Agency business meetings.
* Bachelor degree preferred
* Minimum of 5:10 years relevant experience
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Strong time management skills and ability to effectively multitask
* Understand business objectives and develop an event strategy that supports the themes in the content delivery at meetings.
* Sound budget management skills, communications skills and work ethic. Communication : ability to work well with Agents, Partners, colleagues, vendors and the leadership team.
Leadership: Visionary, energetic with a passion for delivery of high quality meetings. Clearly sees the opportunities and potential conflicts. Committed to helping Agents/Partners achieve success through meetings giving them the best access to general session content and workshops designed to bring the greatest value to their business. Develop team members to next level of performance.
Problem Solving: Proactive, dynamic individual required to plan ahead and anticipate eventualities. Think strategically, problem solve, and have the ability to offer creative solutions. Ability to troubleshoot and multitask in highly pressured situations. Flexibility : long hours and frequent travel. Self:motivated and action oriented. Always looking to improve the client meeting experience.
Decision Making / Nature of Impact: Accuracy : ability to
• Location: Hudson Valley
• Post ID: 35349667 hudsonvalley