Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:16 PM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Responsible for creating deliverables and driving project management disciplines across a number of key projects in a strategic transformation program. Position would take ownership of small and medium size projects and support various existing project teams by ensuring that discussions yield tangible outputs, project artifacts are maintained, and work product is well documented. We are looking for a candidate with excellent intellectual and analytical capabilities, strong communication and influencing skills, familiarity and comfort with technology and a deliverables based approach to projects.
* Plug into various existing project teams as needed and provide consultative support to ensure aggressive deliverables timelines are met
* Drive project management disciplines by example: establish meeting cadences, circulate agendas, publish meeting takeaways, capture and distribute SME input, create templates and enforce the use of existing ones by all team members
* Take ownership of specific project deliverables and small/medium size projects
* Ongoing partnership with Information Technology and Digital Experience teams, including work on functional requirements, UAT, etc., as well as acting as a product owner on small projects
* Create current state, and proposed business process documentation
* Support project change management activities
* Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
* 5+ years relevant experience; 2:3 years in a national consulting firm preferred
* Experience in financial services preferred, insurance expertise and/or project experience with major learning/training programs and eLearning technologies is a plus
* Deep expertise in creating excellent deliverables using the full MS Office suite (including Visio and Project)
* Self starter, accustomed to working towards tight deadlines
* Good analytic and quantitative capabilities
* Collaborative work style and leadership presence with ability to effectively interact and earn trust of peers
* Strong communication and project management skills
* Extensive experience creating project deliverables
* Project artifacts maintenance experience
* Process documentation experience
* Experience facilitating meetings with SMEs and creating work product
* Experience working with IT in both Waterfall and Agile project environments
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please Apply at: (212)
*Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See fortune/fortune500/ for methodology.
• Location: Hudson Valley, white plains
• Post ID: 34332497 hudsonvalley