Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 3:44 AM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The Corporate Vice President position is responsible for the administration of all functions related to the operation of the Performance Analysis Division. These responsibilities include tracking, management reporting and analysis of key performance indicators that allow for strategic decision making by senior management.The Corporate Vice President position is a key member of a team that is responsible for designing and tracking the metrics that measure profitable field performance of our agents, field managers, General Offices and Zones in order to meet the Companys various production goals.This position is also responsible for monitoring an Agency profitability model (P and L) including the tracking, reporting and analysis of revenue and expense results.
- Manage the overall activities of the Performance Analysis Division
- Manage and develop direct reports
- Responsible for the development, administration and analysis of Agencys performance programs designed to measure the departments key drivers
- Design of performance measurement and evaluation instruments (e.g., GPA, Promotability Indices, etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and customized reports for senior management
- Build and maintain financial models to project Agency manpower and sales/FYC productivity
- Monitor and track Agency P and L results against Plan, and liaison with IAG Finance on the P and L revenue rates and emerging results
- Work closely with Agency Finance team to track monthly expenses, and recommend opportunities to enhance revenue and reduce expenses to achieve profitability
- Coordinate efforts with IT to test and implement enhancements to our systems
- Develop and monitor our divisional and departmental estimate and future year budgets
- Bachelor Degree (Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Mathematics)
- Minimum of 5:10 years relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Agency model
- Strong leadership skills
- Superior analytical skills combined with the ability to identify trends
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Dashboard and mainframe applications
- Strong understanding of Agency Field Operations
Leadership: Subject matter expert for all inquiries regarding field performance. In addition, this person will be responsible for the development of several direct reports.
Problem Solving: Complex problem:solving skills are vital in administering our performance programs and with the development of our financial and statistical analysis/models. In addition, strong problem:solving skills are key when working with our IT team to determine how best to develop and implement changes to our systems.
Decision Making / Nature of Impact: Strong decision:making skills. These skills are essential and are guided by our
• Location: Hudson Valley
• Post ID: 35498242 hudsonvalley