Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:17 AM
Logistics Service Specialist JD
This role is the primary contact for Logistics suppliers (transportation and warehousing) for a certain BU/geography. The Procurement Specialist works closely with the Transportation Operations team to insure suppliers meet commitments for capacity, cost, service, and quality. They track and report KPIs for capacity management, develop and execute RFPs for Logistics suppliers, and provide transportation and warehouse rate input for business cases.
1. Responsible for rates and routing guide management
2. Bids out Ad Hoc lanes and or new lanes due to network changes
3. Supplier relationship management
4. Daily Liaison to Transportation Operations
5. Capacity planning and management
6. Develops RFP based on identified requirements
7. Distributes and manages RFP to suppliers
8. Conducts analysis, identifies opportunities and works with Transportation Operations to optimize capacity/cost/service/quality in assigned geography
9. Supports strategy and execution
10. KPI reporting
: Bachelors Degree or similar work experience
: 3:5 years' experience in procurement or supply chain as a business analyst
.: Experience in Excel Spreadsheet Reporting
: Use of Pivot Tables and Charts
: Experience with Access Database
: Proven analytical skills and strategic problem solving abilities.
: Excellent written and verbal communication skills Preferred
: Bachelors or Masters degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Engineering.
: Specific experience in Transportation, Logistics, or Procurement
• Location: Hudson Valley
• Post ID: 35349597 hudsonvalley