Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2018 6:09 AM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The National Development Officer (NDO) is responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management of our national development team of approximately 180 Sales Development Managers. As we are in the process of a complete rebuild of our Agent Development curriculum, the NDO initial primary responsiblity will be to reshape the national SDM organization to best deliver that curriculum so as to optimize the retention and productivity of our new organizaton (years 1:4) agents.
* Reshape SDM organization to put them in the best position to deliver our new agent Blended Learning curriculum
* Leads and Manages our national team of Sales Development Managers, through our 4 Zone Training Officers
* Development and implementation of tactics to support our National Retention Strategy
Technical Expertise: Understand field development and training Retention best practices, both for agents and for field managers, at all levels of their career. Understand where, when and how to deploy virtual / eLearning training, versus live instructor led training.
* Bachelor Degree (Business)
* Series 7 / 24 / 63 or 65
* 10+ years of relevant experience
* In depth knowledge of adult learning best practices/systems
* Detailed knowledge of NYL or similar Career Agency Distribution system
* Experience as a senior field leader in position similar to NYL Zone Training Officer position
* Understand key drivers and levers that apply to New Organization agent retention including detailed knowledge of how that retention is calculated
Leadership: Develop 4 Zone Training Officers; more specifically works with them to develop their capacity to lead large and complex operations
Problem Solving: Develops a reimagined 21st century architecture for our national Sales Development Manager organization, that is fully integrated with our new NYLIC U Blended Learning Curriculum
Decision Making / Nature of Impact: Implements, builds and constantly iterates new national Sales Development Manager model
Communication Requirements: Works with VP Lackey and SVP Madgett and other Agency SLT members to analyze and finalize all decisions related to our national Sales Development Manager organization
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please Apply at: (212)
*Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See fortune/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long:term financia
• Location: Hudson Valley, white plains
• Post ID: 35668562 hudsonvalley