Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 7:02 PM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Responsible for developing and executing activities to re:configure, improve and maintain the NYL Learning Management System (Success Factors). Responsibilities include:
* Daily administration of the LMS
* Assist with instructional design, course authoring, and asset creation activities for eLearning courses
* Provide strong skills to guide, mentor and develop our team regarding LMS and related training processes
* Develop standards, processes, procedures, guidelines and quality checks to maintain system configurations, architecture, and role:based security with consistency across NYL activities
* Employ skills and tools to identify, estimate, and track LMS projects to successful conclusion
* Liaise with and develop professional relationships across NYL departments that encourage integration into LMS
* Work with NYLs IT department and the software vendor to resolve issues
* Develop and maintain quality checks and processes to ensure that LMS meets business requirements and compliance targets
* Liaison with SAP support to track and submit system bugs or issues to ensure timely resolution
* Manage preparation for audits and inspection, including resource scheduling and coordination with Quality Assurance
* Conduct system testing to ensure reliability and availability
* Explore and integrate off:the:shelf and custom courseware in support of LMS activities
* Load learning objects, and create course catalogs, assessments, curriculums, and assignment profiles
* Build custom reports based on organizational needs
* Develop use cases and test scripts related to training offerings
* Maintain the user base, organizations, and permission roles
* Train new/existing team members on how to utilize the LMS
* Comfortable building and running connector files for importing external content into the system
* Perform other duties as assigned
* The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all:inclusive.
* Bachelor Degree (concentration in human resources, information technology, sciences or related field or demonstrate equivalent experience)
* Minimum of 3:5 years of relevant experience (at least 2 years experience working in insurance or highly regulated field; at least 2 years of training database administration experience, preferably in an operational
environment within the insurance industry)
* Proficient in Adobe Acrobat, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, intermediate to advanced experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe eLearning Suite, Articulate Studio and Storyline, experience with Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Cloud and Audio editing software
* Systems experience with Learning Management System (LMS) software systems, specifically with SuccessFactors experience preferred
* Excellent problem solving skil
• Location: Hudson Valley, white plains
• Post ID: 34698697 hudsonvalley