Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:21 AM
Our Sous Chefs act as positive role models and demonstrate on the job integrity, while utilizing culinary talents and managerial skills to manage the prepared foods kitchen operations. In this role, you will oversee a team of culinarians and ensure we are serving the best and highest quality prepared foods to our customers, while maintaining overall profitability.
People (Who We Are)
- Manage performance and develop employees; provide resources, training, feedback, and development opportunities
- Interview, select and hire the best caring, diverse, knowledgeable people
- Lead by example and create a fair, empowering, and safe work environment; maintain & encourage two-way communication
- Preserve our culture, lead with our values, and ensure Wegmans remains a great place to work
Customer (What We Believe)
- Assist customers by offering complete meal suggestions and cooking techniques to prepare products successfully at home; work hands-on with employees, and ensure they have the resources and knowledge to provide incredible service and the highest quality products to our customers
- Identify ways to build positive customer relationships, increase dining choices, and improve their shopping experience
Product (What We Do)
- Use knowledge of product, benchmarking, and trends to plan, implement and create innovative displays and access to fresh, unique products; cross merchandise to highlight and support Menu magazine, company priorities, programs, featured and seasonal items; oversee ordering practices and inventory levels; understand perishability of products, maintain product levels
- Ensure products are prepared with consistency, high quality and are eye-appealing, using core recipes and techniques
- Create excitement and educate others about new programs and products to drive sales
- Analyze financial reporting tools and product trends; use experience and knowledge when making decisions that increase profitability, decrease shrink, and control expenses
Results (What We Measure)
- Oversee all Prepared Foods operations, including sales, contribution, diversity, development, and retention; share company vision and meet goals; delegate tasks and supervise team to maximize and seek opportunities for efficiency
- Collaborate with internal store and corporate partners and outside vendors; ensure company policies, procedures, food safety and cleanliness guidelines are followed; work through product, vendor, or inventory related concerns
- Work includes standing, walking for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes.
- The average weight range of items lifted is 5-10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
The job of the Sous Chef is to act as a liaison between the Restaurant Chef de Cuisine and the culinary team; partnering closely with both to create, plan and prepare the highest quality one-of-a-kind menu offerings for our guests. In this role, the Sous Chef acts as a culinary role model while ensuring the kitchen is operating efficiently and profitably, being the driving force in ensuring all members of the culinary team receive challenging tasks and are training to grow and develop in their roles with the goal of exceeding customer expectations.
Associated topics: cafe, chief chef, commercial, corporate kitchen, executive kitchen, pastry, restaurant chef, salad chef, service, team lead
• Location: Hudson Valley, Montvale
• Post ID: 35613692 hudsonvalley