Corporate Vice President, Learning and Development : Field Management and Leadership - (white
Posted: Friday, February 9, 2018 2:35 AM
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of 1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled 538 billion. As of year:end 2016, New York Life's surplus was 23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard and Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Oversees all aspects of Field Management and Leadership Development (FMLD)
* Develops broad curriculum and determines content for training all Managing Partners, Executive Partners, Senior Partners, and Partners
* Supervises team of 5 training professionals
* Responsible for all field leader training through our Associate Partner Program, Field Leadership Institute and Field Management Development Schools
* Coordinates with other areas of NYLIC University including E Learning and Virtual Solutions, National Training Center in Dallas, Agent Development and Budget
* Oversees Field Development System (old GOLD system) content and online delivery systems
* Oversees the selection and training of Ad Hoc Faculty Members
* Oversees the FMLD Budget
Technical Expertise: Strong ability to develop practical training programs / content; ability to understand management development needs, identify appropriate curriculum to close any gaps
* BS/BA required (Leadership Development, Management Training, PMO Management), advanced degree or designation such as MBA, JD, CLU, ChFC strongly preferred
* 10+ years relevant experience
* Project management expertise
* Strong knowledge of NYLIC Field Development Systems
* Facilitation skills, public speaking
* Strong communication skills : written and oral
* Knoweldge of industry training practices
* Detailed knowledge and/or practical experience with the NYLIC Career Agency System
Leadership: Requires ability to directly manage / lead mix of quantitative / qualitative appointed officers, while also influencing and collaborating with Executive Officers, senior Appointed Officers from Agency and other departments as well as leading field managers.
Problem Solving: Determine best approach to determine content and to deliver field leader management and leadership training. Will need to determine priorities for training and how best to implement those priorities. Will solve problems related to the development and rollout of the Leadership Institute, Associate Partner program, and other FMLD programs, and how to drive acceptance and implementation. Will determine what doesnt get included as well as what does get included.
Decision Making / Nature of Impact: Fully accountable for two brand new development initiatives: the new Leadership Institute and new Associate Partner program. Also responsible for driving the creation and delivery of overall field management training.
Communication Requirements: Frequent contact with Zone Officers, all Field Management and Agency Senior Leadership Team. This position communicates frequently with Compliance, Agency Standards, SMRU, Agency Communications and other areas in the Home Office.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an
• Location: Hudson Valley, white plains
• Post ID: 35378722 hudsonvalley