Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2018 7:18 PM
USD : Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Director, Packaging Performance and Technology in United States (US) for White Plains, NY OR Salt Lake City, UT OR Broomfield, CO
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Director Packaging Performance and Technology is in charge of assessing and optimizing the performance of all our packaging lines in our manufacturing plants to World Class Performance levels in cost, reliability, quality, safety using his/her expertise in packaging technology, best operational practices and leveraging plant and central teams. The scope of work can also be extended to our third:party manufacturers.
- Establish credible and challenging benchmark of performance for each line by type and technology
- Develop the operational and technical best practices to achieve the benchmark targets (playbook) leveraging existing tools, external inputs as well as the work of the reliability team and the local plant teams
- Regularly assess the sites on their performance against those standards and their maturity on implementing the best practices (full assessment and topic deep dives). Also assist in the implementation of those best practices
- Assess existing equipment and technology and propose improvement projects
- Evaluate new practices and technology (internal and external) to develop new standards of performance to deploy
o Participates in the approval of new technical or operational standards developed internally
o Request and sometimes directly manage projects to pilot improvements
o Formalize new standards (playbook)
o Coordinate the deployment
- Create and animate transversal sharing networks
- Track and report achievement to the different stakeholders (SCLT leadership, Protein, etc.)
- Can also target productivity and performance in co:man plants
- Ensure optimization of package design across all Manufacturing platforms, propose changes to packaging development teams
- Assist in development of a strategic master plan for packaging across all platforms
- Establish strong, professional relationships with sources of technology including: vendors, suppliers, Danone partners and other related business partners
- Bachelors degree in engineering
- 10:15 years of experience in engineering systems design for manufacturing environments, packaging development and performance management or equivalent which includes operations/maintenance/performance management in a plant.
- Established project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results by working autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to create a roadmap for short term and long:term results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and MS project
- Ability and willingness to travel 50 of the time or sometimes more
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, industrial, manufacturing or chemical engineering
- 5:7 years of experience in a plant engineering environment
- Experience in dairy industry
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of dairy process engineering
- Knowledge of high speed packaging systems design
- Knowledge of integrated automation and controls technology
- Knowledge in continuous improvement tools and best management practices in automated manufacturing environment
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, danone. We have something special inside, do you?
97927.Experience: Experienced professionals LI:
• Location: Hudson Valley
• Post ID: 35260047 hudsonvalley